Aromantic, Gray-romantic, and Lithromantic stuff.
If someone wants to wear a short skirt or a maxi skirt, IT’S NOT YOUR BUSINESS.
If someone wants to shave their legs or not shave their legs, IT’S NOT YOUR BUSINESS.
If someone wants to shave their head or grow their hair all the way to the backs of their knees, IT’S NOT YOUR BUSINESS.
If someone wants to wear flat jelly sandals or skyscraper heels, IT’S NOT YOUR BUSINESS.
If someone wants to wear eyeliner so sharp it could slice bread or keep their skin makeup free, IT’S NOT YOUR BUSINESS.
If someone wants to get their nose pierced or get a tattoo, IT’S NOT YOUR BUSINESS.
You know why? BECAUSE THEIR BODY IS THEIR BUSINESS.
1. There’s a reason schools teach Shakespeare instead of John Green; you make your own life, it’s not written in the stars, waiting to start until you find that person with the perfect smile
2. People are a hell of a lot smart than you think. Shut your mouth, stop thinking you know everything, and listen.
3. Getting close and being vulnerable is scary as hell, But you know what else it is? Worth it.
4. Reason really is the doctor to love.
5. The moment you feel your happiness being dictated by another person, take a break from them.
6. Take a step back and look around, you have more friends than you think.
7. Growing up is going to happen and it’s going to be tough. Just stay close to those around you, you’re all in it together.
8. If you’re still checking their Facebook/Instagram/tumblr, you’re never going to get over them.
9. Everything seems worse in the morning. Don’t fall for it, it’s deceiving.
10. No need to be so intense all the time. People get tired of swimming in the deep end, sometimes they need a break in the shallow part of the pool.
11. Stop avoiding everything. Get out of bed, get dressed, go to school, go to work. It sucks at first but it’s part of the healing process.
12. If the person makes you feel like shit and you still go back to them, it’s an abusive relationship.
13. Headphones are great, but listen to music aloud every once in a while. Sometimes you need to scream a song so everyone can hear you.
14. Boundaries are a must.
15. You can be a caring person, but you need to be happy with yourself before you try to make others happy.
16. Try and understand other’s intentions and situation before you get angry with them.
17. Tough love is necessary sometimes.
18. You can’t fix people no matter how hard you try. Get this engrained in your mind.
19. Surround yourself with people who will love and support you.
20. Loneliness is lethal and makes you have a distorted view of things.
21. No one hates you more than you hate yourself. Stop being your own enemy.
22. Someone can only hurt your feelings if you allow them to.
23. Getting your shit back in order is five times as hard as it is to mess it all up.
24. Listen to your parent’s advice.
25. Be open to anything and everything. Life isn’t fun when you’re a closed book.
26. Talking about your problems is great, but there comes a point when talking about it becomes dwelling on the past and it drains everyone around you. Know when you’ve hit this point.
27. A lot of people don’t like their shit showing. More people than you know are going through hard times.
28. Distract yourself.
29. Don’t be so easily swayed, a lot of claims out there are not true.
30. Some seasons of your life are harder than others. This too shall pass.
The great thing about music is it did not save your life
It gave you the strength and will power to save your own life
That’s the beauty of music
This may get 2 notes this may get 1000. I don’t really mind, even if it helps one person i’m happy.
I just want you to know that everything will be okay. I know you’re in a hard place right now where you think that maybe harming yourself or killing yourself is the only solution. But I promise you, there are other ways you can cope and there are reasons for you to stay on this earth.
Self harming isn’t going to solve the problem/s nor will it make you feel any better. I know you get a sense of release/punishment but it’s not going to help in the long run.
Remind yourself that every time you feel the urge to self-harm that it’s just a thought. You DO NOT have to act upon it.
Self-harming will affect you emotionally, physically and mentally. It will only help for about 5 minutes. Then something else can happen to trigger the feeling again.
Alternatives without harming yourself:
- Holding/squeezing ice.
- Splashing your face with water.
- Getting a rubber band and snapping it against your skin (this could hurt, though it’s better than other ways that people usually choose to self-harm).
- Take a hot shower or bath.
- Eat something sour. It will take your mind of the urge. (Lemon, sour lollies)
- Massage where you want to self-harm.
- Get a red pen or red paint and draw/paint over where you usually self-harm.
- Remind yourself as to why you shouldn’t do it. (Scars, harms organs, blood lose, leave memories etc…)
- Describe what you are feeling. (Is the urge/pain in your chest, fists, legs, arms, head).
Killing yourself will not help. It is not a solution.For whatever reason you are thinking about killing yourself, it is temporary and you can get help.
I know you probably think no one cares, you think you can’t handle the situation you are in or you feel helpless and alone.
But I want to remind you everything is temporary
You have your whole life ahead of you. You have so many more years that you can accomplish things in.
- Having a family.
- Getting married.
- To watch the sun rise.
- To watch the sun set.
- To save someone else’s life.
- Finish school.
- Get your dream job.
- To laugh.
- To smile.
- To go camping.
- Travel to new places.
- To wake up every morning to the person you love.
- To keep that promise you made.
- To accomplish a goal.
- To meet your idle.
- To listen to new music.
- Theme parks.
- Video games.
- To be able to look back and say “I made it”.
Just a reminder; what you are going through is temporary.
In case you need to hear this:
- You are loved.
- You are wanted.
- You are needed.
- You are beautiful.
- You are handsome.
- You are important.
- You are not alone.
- You are okay.
- You are strong.
- You are worth it.
- You are smart.
- You are not a failure.
- You are useful.
- You are going to be okay.
I’m always here for you. I’ll try my best to help and make you smile.
You deserve to be happy and you deserve to know that you are not alone and there are people that can help.
So, maybe we’re the
generation of the selfie,
but we’re also the generation
that grew up in a tainted,
with every impossible beauty standard
shoved down our throat
through a tube
because eating has become
a guilty pleasure
and condemning beauty ideals
won’t go straight to our thighs.
And if, by chance,
we are able to destroy the
demons that you’ve planted
inside of us with your
constant advertisements and rules
that play behind our eyelids and
take root in our brains,
then let us take our fucking pictures
and capture that moment when
we felt beautiful because all this world
has taught us is that
our beauty is the greatest
measure of our worth.
Scoff at our phones all you like,
these delicate extensions of
our fingers, but know that
through this technology
that you couldn’t even
begin to understand,
we have smudged the entire
world with our fingerprints.
We are the generation of knowledge,
and we are learning more than
any that came before us.
So, frown at my typing fingers;
I am using them to grasp power
by the throat.
Try to invalidate us,
but we’ve heard our
parents talking about
the world’s crashing and burning
since we had sprung from the womb.
We know you’ve fucked up,
and we’re angry about it-
the kind of anger that
that I feel in my veins every time
I read the news from my phone
that sticks in my throat like honey
in a debate;
the kind of anger that simmers,
that sharpens teeth into daggers,
that makes this generation more dangerous
than you could have ever imagined.
We are the generation of change,
and goddammit, we’re coming.